Hands Nebula (NGC 6188)
in Ara constellation
NGC 6188 is a famous star birth region located in Ara. Forming two hands, it looks like The Creation of Adam by Michelangelo.
This nebula can be seen from the Southern Hemisphere.
- 200/750 Newton, Paracorr Type-II (860mm effective focal length)
- modified Canon EOS 550D
- SkyWatcher EQ6 + Boxdörfer DynoStar
- 9x50mm SkyWatcher finder scope (50/180mm), Lacerta-MGen autoguider
- Exposure time, filters:
- 96x5 min (8 hours total)
- Location, date:
- Hakos astrofarm, Namibia (1835m); 2012.06.15.
- Observing conditions:
- Transparency: 9/10, Seeing: 7/10, Temperature: +8°C
- ImagesPlus, Registar, Photoshop. A combination of Astronomik UHC and unfiltered exposures.