The Lupus 3 Cloud (Bernes 149)
at the border of Scorpius and Lupus
This Lupus 3 molecular cloud located at the border of Scorpius and Lupus constellation, lies about 500 light years away. The bright part of the dark cloud is the blue reflection nebula called GN 16.05.2 or Bernes 149.
A lot of protostars, young stars and stellar objects were found inside the cloud by the astronomers on infrared wavelength. They found many Herbig Haro obcects as well. One of them, HH78 is visible on this image too. Look at the red asymmetric dot in the dark area on the cropped image (click for enlargement).
- 200/750 Newton, 3" Wynne (710mm effective focal length)
- QSI 683 WSG-8, LRGB filters
- SkyWatcher EQ6 + Boxdörfer DynoStar
- Off axis, Lacerta-MGen autoguider + Mgen2Maxim
- Exposure time, filters:
- 6 hours 40 minutes total, LRGB filters
- Location, date:
- Hakos astrofarm, Namibia (1835m); 2014. May
- Observing conditions:
- Transparency: 9/10, Seeing: 7/10
- ImagesPlus, Registar, Pixinsight LE, Photoshop